Designed to remove free hydrocarbons and filter water, these systems come standard with pH and ORP injection and are corrosion-resistant when utilizing polymer tank and recycled plastic skids.
These Wash Water Recycle Systems combine enhanced design with state-of-the-art technology to offer:
- Cone-shaped tank for easy handling of accumulated solids
- Quality recycled wash water without common odor problems
- Easy operation and maintenance
- Heavy-duty, corrosive-resistant base for years of maintenance-free operation
- CSA approved control panel which meets the requirements of the US and Canadian standards for an Industrial Control Panel
Process and Flow Description:
- Surface-Mount Sump Pump – Untreated wash water is introduced into the system by a 1.0 HP surface-mount sump pump, which is included with the system, located on the unit.
- Clarifier Oil/Water/Solids Separator – As the water flows through the cone-shaped oil/water/solids separator, it changes directions countless times as the water is directed and redirected through cone baffles and hundreds of square feet of oleophilic (oil-attracting) coalescing media. Mechanically emulsified oil particles are attracted from the water to the oleophilic media and float to the surface. Once on the surface, the oil is skimmed off into an oil decanter for easy disposal. Fine silt and particulates are dropped to the bottom of the sloped stainless-steel tank for easy flushing and disposal.
- Corona Discharge Ozone System – Water in the cone tank is injected with a high concentration of ozone via a corona discharge ozone injector system, tiny bubbles saturate the water in the cone tank, killing live bacteria instantly on contact. Ozone also breaks up emulsified oils, allowing them to coalesce and float to the top of the tank for separation into the oil decanter.
- Oil Decanter – Oil skimmed from the surface of the clarifier tank is captured in a conveniently located oil decanter where oil can be easily removed for disposal.
- Sludge Box – Solids from the wastewater stream settle at the base of the clarifier tank. With the opening of a single valve, solids are easily dropped into a bag filter in the solids separation chamber for effective capture and easy disposal. The bag filter is suspended on a dewatering tray with drainage returning to the in-ground collection pits.
- Customized Multi-Media Filter (located at the back of the skid) – Once the water has been treated for oil and solids removal, it is then pushed through a customized multi-media filter which contains a special media blend to filter out particulates down to 25-microns.
- Reusable Polyester Filter – Once the larger particulates are removed, the water is the filtered through hundreds of square feet of reusable polyester 30-micron filters. (Not used on auto-backwash models)
- Activated Carbon Filter – The final treatment stage of the system occurs as the water is filtered through activated carbon which absorbs hydrocarbons, herbicides, pesticides, metals, and dozens of other carbon based constituents. Activated carbon also works as a polisher for treated water to remove chlorides.
- ORP/ pH Controller – For longer term control of bacteria, the ORP injection system automatically measures and injects a germicide to control odor by killing odor-causing bacteria. The automated pH control system keeps the water at an appropriate pH level so the germicide is effective at killing bacteria and controlling odor.
- Treated Water in Holding Tank – Once the water is treated, it is pressurized where it will be ready for reuse at 30-PSI to 50-PSI.
- Electrical Control Panel – CSA listed NEMA-4 rated corrosion-proof control panel for safe and reliable operation.
***0-10 GPM, 0-20 GPM, and 0-30 GPM Models available
The WCP Series is perfect for the following applications:
- Rental Yards
- Golf Courses
- Heavy Equipment Dealers
- Trucking Facilities
- Military Bases
- Truck Rental Fleets
- Diesel Repair Facilities
- Forklift Washing Operations
- Aircraft Maintenance and Restoration
- Municipalities/ State DOTs
- Oil Fields
- Engine Rebuilders and Manufacturers
The Importance of a Proper Pit System
- Once equipment is washed, the untreated wash water flows into your pit system. A proper pit system for your application is the first step in proper wash water treatment an a critical element in any wash water recycle system. Please contact us at 330-753-8394 to determine the pit system configuration that works best for your application.
Flow rate, clarifier tank, media filter, cartridge filter, carbon filter, oil coalescing area, ozone generator, power requirements, and weight/dimensions vary depending on which model is best for your application. Please contact our office so we can help determine which best fits your needs.